Friday, September 21, 2007

When I look forward to heaven......

Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.....

There are moments in my life when things get so difficult, when I think wouldn't it be nice to escape and go to heaven.

Reflecting of the timing of my children, women generally have there children beginning in the 20's and around middle age have teenage children - now I have come to think this may not be the best option going through pre-menopause and dealing with teenagers, teenagers are in their own little world most of the time and being pre-menopausal mother has me acting like I am from another world and to honest, I would not like to meet myself at those times! and then there our husbands who wonder, when is life going to get back to normal? What is normal anyway....... and if they are smart, they would never actually verbalize such a statement to their wives. Have you ever read the book "My mother is weird" by Rachna Gilmore. I love this book, I find it very funny, helps me stay humble

Synopsis' My mother is weird. Some mornings when she wakes up, she has horns on her head and long, pointy teeth and claws. She speaks in a voice like a jackhammer. But after her morning coffee, Mom's horns disappear, and her teeth and claws shrink back to normal..'This is a book to help children understand their parents and their changing moods.

Well I am trying not to be that weird and I have come to appreciate the Lord's prayer more and more and often find myself reflecting on each line daily as I come across obstacles in my life and trying to live out my faith, whether it be working through forgiving someone for a wrong or realising I have a responsibility of making heaven a reality on earth. There are times when I want to run away from situations and realise by going through them I become a better person if I choose to take the right action based on the Lord's Prayer.

Our Father, who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,
For ever and ever, Amen.

Love to all,
Michelle

No comments: