Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Stand at the Door and Knock

Well I have to share this little story that was shared at chapel today and it made me giggle so much at the same time made me think about not judging a situation.

A new pastor of a church thought one day he would go visit his parishoners, as his day went on he stopped by one ladies house and knocked on the door. He knocked again and saw a shadow through the sheers of someone cross the floor but no one appeared at the door to open it, he knocked again (now knowing someone was inside) but again nothing. So he took out a business card and wrote on the back Revelation 3:20 (Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me).

On Sunday as the collection plate was passed around the business card was found inside the plate with another scripture added to it. Genesis 3:10 ("I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."). Who said God's word does not have an answer for all of life's situations! But I had to ponder, sometimes we judge before we know the situation.

Well I confess the above little tidbit gave me a good belly laugh and I hope it does for you. I seriously believe we have all the answers in God's word, we just have to know where to go and we don't learn that until we understand it, which takes time and guidance. I would love to help guide you to certain passages that may help you along your journey, pray with you, praise God with you and give Him the glory that is honoring only to Him.

My life verse: Jeremiah 29:11-15 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord.

1 comment:

Anita Kolb said...

That was hilarious even the second time. Ya I wouldn't do this as a drama. Have a good day
anita