Sunday, April 22, 2007

CAPTIVATED - WOMEN WHO LOVED JESUS

Wow! We have all just got back from our April 2007 Weekend retreat in Niagara Falls Renaissance Fallsview Hotel where we spent the weekend being Captivated by Jesus and learning about the women of the bible who were captivated by Jesus. Not forgetting the laughter and fun we all shared - Ladies you blew me away with your participation in our first PJ Party in the ballroom - crazy fun!

I have to say I miss all you women who attended this retreat greatly and look forward to our time together next April and connecting with you by email or through this blog (michelle@AHFMinistries.com), Sunday morning was a sad day as we realised our time together was coming to a close but knowing our time to give our relationship with Jesus a greater importance in our lives was being re-focused.

Again we were very fortunate to have Blessings bookstore partner with us, and in doing so I picked up Charles Sheldon's book "In His Steps", while soaking in the tub I was inspired as soon as I opened up the beginning pages of a journey a church had decided to take. After a life changing and challenging experience with a destitute man, who was turned away by the pastor and yet while he was under a seat in the church, the pastor gave a message about following Jesus, he stood up and asked them "What does it mean to follow Jesus". He heard others singing a song "all for Jesus, all for Jesus, all my beings ransomed powers, all my thoughts and all my doings, all my days and all my hours. Yet no one offered to help him when he asked, until he stood in the church with these questions and then passed out due to illness and later died in the Pastors home. This lead members of the congregation deciding for 1 year they would not make a decision without first asking the question "What would Jesus Do?" Quite a challenging task I would imagine for us in the Western World. One that I am personally going to focus on.

I am looking forward to the journey through this book as it challenges me, inspires me and encourages me. I hope to share tidbits from this book over tea with you!

It was exciting this weekend to announce the new name of our ministry "At His Feet" where else would you prefer to be than at the feet of Jesus. Choose the best things for you - Jesus did not come to condemn but to save. He has a better life waiting from you if you don't already know Him, He is calling YOUR name! God Bless, Michelle

No comments: