Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lemon Merigue Tea - Now you can have your dessert with zero calories.

I would have never thought it - it was like liquid Lemon Merigue Pie - all I can say is yummy! Thanks to one of my best friends and Sisters in the Lord Kimberley, she had this new delight to share with me. Bring it on in my china mug of course! Now as you get to know me a little better you will know that my English Grandmother passed down a few traditions or etiquette that just can't be beat. Drinking your tea from a real china teacup is the only way, not forgetting to put hot water in your teapot first to warm it, pour it out and push fresh boiling water in before infusing your tea. Then there is putting your milk in your cup first so as the tea pours on the milk it warms it and keeps your tea hotter! Then add your teaspoon on the saucer under the handle of the teacup and you are all set. I know for some putting milk in your tea is considered a sin, but I am talking Tetley Tea for a moment. I am now excited to collect little tea additions, special infusion balls for loose tea, a tea caddy, and my little silver tea spoons. Always on the look our for more teapots!

Thanks for good friends, good tea and a china teacup. Life's little ways of making you feel like a princess!

May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent one from another. Genesis 31:49 (NKJV)

2 comments:

Anita Kolb said...

I have loved sharing many cups of tea with you and I look forward to sipping many more. I wonder.....if I was to name a tea after you what would it be?

giggling comfort!

You have comforted me through your laughter. Thank you my friend!!!!!

anita

Michelle Lowther said...

Thanks Anita - I often wonder what my tea would be like, I am hoping it would be delightful and then Wham - you are hit with a little surprise, never knowing just what that is going to be.

Here's to many years of laughter and tea together. Maybe one day we will be called the Golden Girls!

Love Michelle