Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tea at the Whitehouse

Well you would think I am special, like royalty to be invited to Tea at the White House. Well actually I invited myself and took my friend L. Her last name is White and so I always get a giggle saying we are going for tea at the White House, but this time, it is not a L's house - it is at the White House, but not the one that would come to your mind. This White House is a tea shop in Waterdown, Ontario that serves high tea, with scones, jam and clotted cream - well we are both from England and so this is a special treat to enjoy this time together outside on the patio. A last minute idea that meant so much.

On the table next to us was probably 3 generations of women, Grandma, Mom and her daughter I am guessing around 7, and possibly another Aunt. The little girl was dressed in a lovely yellow dress and she had her very own 3-tier sandwich tray with fruit, scones and little triangle sandwiches. I wonder if she realises just what a real princess she is. Well we had Coronation tea, from England, Earl Grey with Jasmine and a few other flavours, it is just so special to have tea with a friend, and the scones are to die for - I hope you visit. I actually bought some of the loose tea to bring home and enjoy. Tell me your favourite!

This day was my Friday off work and I had planned out many chores to accomplish that day - finish an album for Anita's birthday, vacuum, polish, laundry - oh the list was long, it still is and it always will be - but special moments with friends are rare jewels that you can not put a value on - I am so very fortunate to have many jewels in my life and they are more precious than any rubies, diamond or emeralds. Love, laughter and being a friend is what living is about. That means with your neighbours too!

Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you. 3 John 1:5


This is a picture of the real White House, in Waterdown, Ontario.

Friends are the flavour of life!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

MIchelle;
I loved spending time with you tonight as I read your blog journaling. They were lovely. I felt like I was at the White house in person drinking tea in fine china, I felt like I was sweltering in the back seat of the van (now I feel guilty...) and I was almost going to turn the air conditioning on at home..! Your words were beautiful. I have prayed that the 2 x 4's find a place on a roof of a home where they belong..!

Love You,
Cheri

Anita Kolb said...

Michelle,

I enjoyed every moment of the ride with you in the very back. We had lots of giggles. Your right friendship is the high tea of life. When I am with you girls and the Lord it is a grand time and something that we will get to share for all eternity. Imagine how glorious the tea will be when we share a cup over looking the gardens of heaven.

Anita