Monday, July 30, 2007

Where Have I Been?


There is no excuse, it has been nearly over 2 months since I posted a devotional blog on my site. The problem is I sit in front of a computer all day at work, when I get home, my teenagers have taken root infront of the computer and then I forgot how to get onto my site to post a blog and get frustrated, so I just sit and read my sisters blogs. Now my home computer has crashed again for the 2nd time this year, I am even more frustrated at how our lives seem to be controlled by electronic gadgets.

Time does go faster as you get older - it just keeps ticking, I sometimes wonder about the first days of creation, some theologians say we don't know how long the day was in the first 3 days, until God created to Sun and Moon and created the day. Somedays I wish for one of those days that doesn't end and the energy to go with it so that I can catch up on so many things you just don't get to do working full-time.

Let me count my blessings that each day at work begins with devotionals, and I get to go to church twice a week, once at work and once in the weekend. I call it my topping up time on Wednesday's, although I am blessed each week, but there is something about being blessed with different speakers giving the message each week and learning to appreciate the different talents and worship styles as we sing, and learn more about being like Christ.

I have many blessing, I have a husband who loves me and his daughters, I have an older daughter serving in the mission field pouring out her heart for the Lord, a teen who is learning to find herself and her independence (not the easiest letting go) and a younger daughter who loves to worship, I have 5 wonderful friends in ministry, I work with such loving and dedicated colleagues/friends at work, and I have such wonderful friends outside of these areas. Many of whom we are going camping with this weekend. YEH!!!!!

So where have I been, I have been immersed in the Love of God, learning to appreciate so much that I have, and tonight I have my husbands laptop and after 10 attempts, finally worked out my password to post a blog. I suffer from a bad memory but I try really hard.

I love to read scripture especially Isaiah 6:3 - Talks about the angels 'in a great chorus they sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD almighty! The whole earth is filled with His glory!" Sometimes we don't feel like it because of evil and selfish desires we are bombarded with each day and because of our own choices, but God is at work and we can still see His Glory here on earth. We can bring glory to God by our actions and love to others.

Psalm 115:1 - Not to us, O Lord, but to you goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfullness.

I hope you experience the opportunity of giving God glory by helping someone in need.

With much love,
Michelle

1 comment:

michelle said...

thanks..you are an inspiration..a gift from God.